Sunday 22 June 2014

Sunday Smiles

I hope that you have all had a great week, mine has been a quiet one but I did have a few smiles along the way. 
Firstly thank you for all your lovely comments and feedback, they always make me smile. :)

Mandala 4


I found the pattern for this mandala on instagram, I came upon this and loved it straight away, there was a handwritten chart which I saved onto my phone.  It was just a small portion of a chart really and I have to admit that I made this more from looking at the mandala rather than copying the chart, it's not perfect there is a mistake but hopefully not too noticeable.  It's quite a big one measuring 9,1/4 inches across but the stitches are easy and it's lovely to make. The lady who designed this is called Camilla and her instagram profile is called crochet-millan, the link to her mandala is here unfortunately it looks as though she has removed the pattern but the good news is she has just started blogging and has already put two great patterns on there.  I'm leaving a comment on her blog asking if she will share the pattern. The link to her blog is here

Thank you for all your feedback about the jacket last week most of you liked the jacket  and thought that I should make it.  However I did ask my friends at work too and I could tell by their faces that they didn't really like it even though they said otherwise, that is until I showed Michele the hairdresser...her comment and I quote..."no Linda that is definitely not you, it will put years on you!" That's all it took, I wont be making it.   


Lovely new yarn!! lets face it nothing puts a smile on our faces more than a visit from the postman with a parcel of new yarn, you can't really see the colour properly here but it's called Cyprus and is a lovely bluey green. I know what you are saying well what's it for when you aren't going to make the jacket, well I'm making something else and I'm not going to tell you what it is now, because I can't start it just yet, I need to finish other things first then I can sit down and enjoy working with this lovely soft yarn with a clear conscience.


A visit to the garden centre
I am lucky to have three garden centres very close to me.  I was also very lucky to have been give some garden vouchers for the pram cover I made back here.  Well these vouchers have been burning a hole in my pocket for quite a while so I decided to go and spend them.


Plant food granules, if you remember my previous lot were waterlogged.



A new pot for my peace Lily which was getting rather pot bound





Wood for the fish tank, already installed and the fish are enjoying swimming amongst the little crevices. 


A pot of African Violets, aren't they pretty, I love African Violets.  So nothing particularly exciting but they did put a smile on my face and it's nice to buy things and not have to pay for them, I love getting gift vouchers and I still haven't spent them all so another visit will be on the cards pretty soon.

The stars in my garden this week



I can't remember the name of this rose, I think it's called Arthur Bell I've had it for many years and it never disappoints, it's a lovely healthy plant and always has masses of blooms.  I love the different shades of yellow starting with a deep orangey red bud opening up to a beautiful deep yellow which gradually fades to the palest lemon.  It has the most heavenly sherbet type of scent, I wish I could pick them and give one to each of you. :)

Hope you all have the best of weeks!





 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

25 comments:

  1. I wish I could smell those yellow roses. Yellow roses are my favorite! Yours are so pretty. It's so hot here in the summer, my roses are only pretty for a day and then they just burn up and start turning brown. I have to cut them and bring them in to enjoy them longer. I LOVE the mandala! It's my favorite of yours so far. The colors are great! Love the new yarn too. Interested to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame Pammy Sue, it's usually the rain that spoils my roses. :)

      Delete
  2. Your plants are looking so lush and healthy! The mandala came out really pretty, I love the colors. I look forward to seeing what you make instead of the age-enhancing cardigan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mandala. you have some serious talent if you can figure out a pattern from a small picture on your phone! LOL!. Nice work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new mandala looks pretty - I love the colors you chose to make it with. Loving all of your pretty plants too. Have a great day Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've used my favourite colours for your mandala. It's lovely! Your rose looks much more healthy than mine do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mandalas are always so lovely Linda-love the blues with purples on this one. I also love yellow roses-I had them at my wedding and they always take me back to that day. African violets are one of my favourite house plants mainly because I seem to be able to keep them growing! Have a happy week, Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a lovely job with the mandala Linda, it's sooooo pretty, and your African violet and yellow rose are also gorgeous. Nice pot - your lily should look very happy in there. xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice smiles this week, Linda :-) Your plants are lovely, especially the roses. Have fun with your new yarn! The mandala came out wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mandala is lovely the colours are gorgeous. I visited the blog and absolutely love the hearts mandala and probably will do at some stage, thanks for the nod. African violets are one of my favourites. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too bought a n Arthur Bell rose the other day mainly for its vibrant yellow flowers and its wonderful smell x I look forward to popping in on your blog to see what you are crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shopping for free is always so lovely isn't it, and somehow far more enjoyable! Glad that you spoiled yourself a little with the plant as well as getting some practical things. I hope that whatever you decide to make your new yarn into is lovely and that you enjoy it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mandalas seem to be the rage right now. I see them here and there. Not quite sure what I would do with a group of them though other than using them as round pillows and maybe doilies. Have you plans for yours Linda? It is so sweet when people share their patterns. Love the flowers too.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend using them as wall hangings for my workroom and bedroom Susanne. :)

      Delete
  13. The African violet it's such a beauty and I do so love yellow roses :-)
    Tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful mandala,beautiful pictures!
    Happy week,greeting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry that there was negative feedback on the jacket to discourage you from making it. Although I've never met you in person, in your photos you seem to be rather tall and slender, and I still think this jacket would suit you. I have a few nice gardening stores near me too, and it's difficult for me not to suggest going to the gardening store (like every other person in town) on Sundays. It just seems the perfect place for a Sunday afternoon. Lovely African violet you picked up. Your yellow rose looks amazing ... I have a new miniature yellow rose, but something is eating every bud that it produces. I think it might be a chipmunk. There were about 10 new buds a couple of days ago, but today - nothing! I need to take drastic measures. Have a great week Linda. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That mandala is gorgeous .... might have to have a go.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Sunday smiles, about the jacket, in the beige I would have to agree, but in a different yarn that piece could be amazing. Hugs to you, Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith, I agree the jacket would look good in a brighter shade, how about red I love red. :)

      Delete
  18. The mandala looks great, how lovely to have vouchers to spend, your new pot looks lush. That Rose is so beautiful and healthy (what's your secret?), I love roses and I don't have any in my garden at all. I sowed some strawberry plant seeds in May and the little seedlings are starting to grow, I wont get fruit until next June, but it is so satisfying to see that almost all the little seeds have germinated.
    Have a great week Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roses are my favourite flower but they do need quite a bit of looking after, this particular rose is the healthiest one I have and it gets no special attention so it must be in the genes. I can't grow strawberries they never come to much, I hope you have a lovely crop next year Linda xx

      Delete
  19. The mandala is beautiful!! The colors are great combination!! Found you through the Link and Share Wednesday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colours of your mandala Linda.
    Enjoy your crafting - and your garden........

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty mandala, Linda!! Super. Thanks for the link, I will follow Camilla's blog now, too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx